Last night we held our monthly board meeting. At that meeting I shared some truths from Romans 8. I wanted to share them with each of you as well. Starting with v. 28, God is always at work around us no matter the situation or circumstance. That’s always comforting to know. Then v. 31, who could ever be against us? The answer is NO ONE because God is greater than anything and if He is for us, then who could possibly be against us? Then v.34, we have an intercessor! Someone who pleads our case (sort of like a celestial Perry Mason). What an honor to have Jesus do that. Then finally v.35-39, NOTHING can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus. I don’t know how many people have asked me this specific question: “Do you think God could love me?” The answer is a resounding YES!! That’s the core message we take with us every day of our lives and it’s a message that the world is wanting and waiting to hear. So, may I encourage you to share it boldly?!!
This week I want to focus on just one event: CHURCH WORK DAY on Saturday, October 22, from 9-Noon. Here’s what we’d like to tackle:
• Cleaning out our sheds (we’ll have a dumpster on site)
• Securing our sheds
• Painting the ceiling in the house
• Cleaning our windows on the inside and some on the outside
• Throwing old items away in the dumpster
• We need you to bring your hand trucks so hauling items from the sheds to the dumpster is a lot easier
• We need you to bring some cleaning supplies (or else we can send people to the dollar store to obtain them)
• Lunch will be provided
Why are we doing this? Because we’re preparing to welcome people to our
campus for our COMMUNITY FAMILY FESTIVAL on Monday, October 31, from
5-8 p.m. See you Saturday!!
Love, Pastor Chuck