I trust that each one of you reading this had a blessed and very MERRY CHRISTMAS yesterday! We began our morning with remembering the birth of Jesus and several took turns reading from the Bible. We then enjoyed ourselves by opening our presents and reflecting on how many blessings each of us has in our lives. I trust that you had some time during the day yesterday to do something similar!
There’s nothing like Christmas to remind us that Jesus came into the world to save you and I from our sins. And there’s nothing like Easter to remind us of the power of God over death. We are all fortunate to have a relationship with Jesus where we can go to Him at any time and talk. Then to know He leads us and guides us in the ways in which we should go is comforting. Then to know He’ll guard our hearts and our minds so that we are kept from worrying or becoming anxious. That He is a wonderful counselor, mighty God, everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace!
1) KEEP IN MIND: if you are planning to make any end-of-the-year contributions to BVC, we must be able to get your contribution into the bank while it is still 2019 (it’s a new rule). Even if you date it December 31 but we don’t make it to the bank until January 2 (or the bank doesn’t post it until then), it will count as a contribution for 2020. Just wanted everyone to be aware of this change.
2) HANDOUTS: if you are a member at BVC, you’ll be receiving the following documents on Sunday, December 29: (a) proposed Faith Budget for 2020; (b) constitutional amendment; (c) list of proposed officers. If you are not in church on December 29 (and are a member), then those documents will be mailed to you.
3) PROPOSED CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT: Upon examining our Constitution, it became apparent that we needed to make a change. It concerns what would happen if BVC were to cease to exist. Our current provision was not clear enough according to Converge PacWest. So, they helped us craft a more precise explanation which we’re submitting to you to read over. In no way, shape, or form are we anticipating BVC closing its doors. But we must have a clear explanation within the constitution for such a happening.
4) TAKING DOWN THE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS: This will happen on Saturday, January 4, beginning at 9:30 a.m. If you can come and help, we’d appreciate it!!
5) 12 DISCIPLES CLASS: will resume on Wednesday, January 8 at 7 p.m.
6) WOMEN’S LIFEGROUP and SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINES: will resume on Saturday, January 11. The Women’s LifeGroup will meet at 10:30 a.m.; the Spiritual Disciplines will meet that evening.
7) WOMEN’S RETREAT: coming up on January 10-12. Please see either Eloisa Fortes or Reaiah Cubero for more info.
8) 2020 ANNUAL MEETING: January 26, immediately following the morning worship service. If you have any questions regarding the proposed Faith Budget, list of officers, or constitutional amendment — please see either me, Dennis Wilkison, Ysmael Gajardo, Jerett Olson, Santino Fortes, or Les Cubero.
9) EASTER COMMUNITY FAMILY FESTIVAL: coming up on Saturday, April 11. Details will be shared in the upcoming weeks.
Have a great rest of the week — see YOU on Sunday!!